National Joint council of Action
4, State Entry Road New Delhi - 110055
No.NJCA/2015 September 30, 2015
All members of the NJCA
The National JCA met today on 30.09.2015. In the background of the engineered delay in the submission of the 7th CPC report, the meeting reviewed the decision to go for indefinite strike action commencing from 23rd Nov.2015 and arrived at the following conclusions.
1. The 7th CPC, as per the indication the NJCA had, concluded its deliberations and finalised its report. But due to the pressure exerted by the GOI the report is not likely to be out till the Bihar election is going to be concluded on 8.11.2015.
2. Even if the report is given, the Government might plead for some more time to consider the same and arrive at conclusions.
3. Even though the charter of demand contains other major issues, viz FDI, outsourcing, New Pension Scheme etc, the CPC related issues especially the revision of wages has its own significance and struggle without the said issue is impracticable.
4. The meeting also noted that after the impressive march to parliament held on 28th April, 2015, no serious programme of action was undertaken, which has created a certain complacency in the movement. The meeting noted the necessity to rejuvenate the NJCA functioning at all levels.
5. It was also noted that there are states which have not held the state level conventions and consequently have not brought into being the state apparatus required to spearhead a serious action like indefinite strike.
6. In view of above mentioned conclusions, the National JCA has decided to defer the strike action slated for 23rd November 2015 to a date during the Budget session of the parliament i.e from Feb to April 2016. The exact date of commencement of the strike will be decided by the National JCA when the 7th CPC report is available.
7. The NJCA also has decided to call upon all Federations of Central Government Employees to organise a massive protest demonstration infront of all work-spots/offices on 19th November 2015 wearies Black Badge to register our anger and resentment over the Government's action in engineering delay in the submission of the report by the 7th CPC.
8. The National JCA leaders and all standing council members will sit on a day long Dharna at Jantar Mantar on 19.11.2015 by wearies Black Badge to highlight the anti worker attitude of the GOI and its concerted efforts to undermine the functioning of JCM.
We also send herewith the resolution adopted at the meeting which has been forwarded to the Government already.
Encl: Resolution Comradely yours,
Shiva Gopal Mishra
1. The National JCA of Central Government Employee, which met today on 30.09.2015 at New Delhi strongly condemns the Governments' action in engineering delay in the submission of 7th CPC report. The 7th CPC was to submit its report on 28th August 2015. i.e on the expiry of 18th months time provided to it by the Government as per the terms of reference. The demand for interim-relief and merger of DA was denied. The Government refused to amend the terms of reference despite repeated appeals made by the National JCA on several occasions.
2. The Charter of demand submitted by the National JCA to the cabinet Secretary realisation of which it has been decided to organize indefinite strike commencing from 23rd November 2015 has remained unattended and unsettled. No follow up action was initiated by the Government after discussion of the issues at the level of Secretary personnel held on 25th February 2015.
3. The National Council JCM has not met in the past 5 years even once, giving the impression that the Government's intention is to award a natural death to the negotiating forums and compel the employees to tread the path of struggle for realization of the demands. Many departmental councils have been placed on hibernation for the part one decade.
4. The National JCA has come to the inescapable conclusion that the present Govt has no intention to reach out to a settlement on any issue pertaining to the Central Govt. Employees, given its anti labour, anti people attitude.
5. The National JCA has decided to call upon the Central Government Employees throughout the country to organise massive protest demonstration jointly on 19th November 2015 in front of all Offices/work place eliciting the participation of all employees workers and pass resolution and send the same to the Finance Minister and the Cabinet secretary.