All Office bearers and the Secretaries General
of Constituent Organizations.
The Joint Council of Action of Income Tax Employees Federation (ITEF) and Income Tax Gazetted Officers Association (ITGOA) representing 97% of the entire work force of Income Tax Department has decided to organize series of agitational programme culminating in one day strike action on 8th October 2015. The Joint Circular issued by Income Tax Employees Federation and Income Tax Gazetted Officers Association is given below. All affiliated Organizations of Confederation of Central Government Gazetted Officers Organizations are requested to extend full support and solidarity to the One day strike on 8th October 2015. Resolutions may be sent to Finance Minister and Chairman CBDT, New Delhi.
JOINT COUNCIL OF ACTION
INCOME TAX EMPLOYEES FEDERATION &
INCOME TAX GAZETTED OFFICERS’ ASSOCIATION
A-2/95, Manishinath Bhawan, Rajouri Garden, New Delhi-110 027
Joint Convenors :
Rupak Sarkar Bhaskar Bhattacharya
No. N-1/2015-16 Dated: 30th September, 2015
The Secretary General,
Confederation of Central Govt. Employees and Workers,
Confederation of Central Govt. Gazetted Officers’ Organisations,
The Joint Council of Action (JCA), the joint platform of movement comprising of the Income Tax Employees’ Federation and Income Tax Gazetted Officers’ Association representing 97% of the entire workforce in the Income Tax Department, embarked upon the path of agitation in the following 5(five) point Charter of Demands:
- Promotions in the cadre of ACIT, for all regular and CRC vacancies and upto the R.Y.2015-16, are to be given immediately. DPCs for R.Y. 2015-16 in all cadres by the respective Pr. CCsIT are to be conducted immediately.
- Provide Infrastructure facility to all Officers and Officials i.e. ample space with modern furniture, Computers with nodes, etc.
- Steps to be taken to fill up all vacant posts immediately to stop outsourcing of regular office work/data entry work.
- To regularise all Casual/Daily paid workers against MTS posts, who are completing 10 years as on date in our Department.
- Finalise and notify all Recruitment Rules of Group B & C officials immediately.
These very issues were discussed and pursued for months together with the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). The deadlines were set innumerable times by the authority, even in the official meetings, to settle the issues but none of these were adhered to.
The Central JCA had finalized the 5(five) point Charter of Demand in its meeting dated 12-08-2015 and submitted it to the CBDT on 17-08-2015. In pursuance of the above-mentioned demands, the JCA launched a nation-wide agitation programme from 09-09-2015. The detail of the programme chalked-out by the JCA is as follows:
1. Lunch-hour demonstration will be held on 09-09-2015 in all Pr. CCIT and other CCIT/CIT offices nation-wide and the Notice for a day’s Strike on 08-10-2015 will be served on the CBDT. Copy of the strike notice will be served by the state units to the Pr.CCsIT.
The non-cooperation movement will start from 09-09-2015 itself in the following manner:
i) Stoppage of work relating to widening of tax-base.
ii) No work relating to I & CI job like uploading of CIB data, disposal of verification cases, etc.
iii) Artificial deadlines for completion of scrutiny assessments will not be adhered to.
2. Black-flag Demonstration before the Chairperson and Members of CBDT on their visit in any office outside the North Block.
3. Day-long Dharna in front of all Pr.CCIT and other CCIT/CIT offices on 15-09-2015.
4. Nation-wide Press-conference to be convened on 23-09-2015.
5. Half-day walk-out from 2.00 PM on 01-10-2015.
6. Strike action on 8th October, Thursday, 2015.
It has also been decided to intensify the agitation after 08-10-2015 if any respectable settlement is not reached by then.
The members of JCA in all 18 regions of Income Tax all over India ensured a 100% participation in the programme of agitation.
The Joint Council of Action (JCA) of the Income Tax Employees’ Federation and Income Tax Gazetted Officers’ Association requests the Confederation of Central Govt. Employees and Workers and the Confederation of Central Govt. Gazetted Officers’ Organisations and its affiliates to express solidarity to the Nation-wide Strike Action in the cause of the Income Tax employees and officers scheduled to be held on 08-10-2015.
(Bhaskar Bhattacharya) (Rupak Sarkar)